Here is a recipe for a basic Pad Thai that is quick, easy and tastes great! It feeds about 4 hungry people :)
1 Package of rice noodles
1 Medium Onion
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Large pan or wok
1 Jar of Hoisin sauce
1 Handful of crushed peanuts
1 Medium size bag of frozen shrimp (Chicken can be used as a replacement)
1. Remove the shrimp from the freezer and place in a bowl with lukewarm water to defrost.
2. Fill a large pot of water approximately 3/4s the way full and turn on high heat.
3. Wash the vegetables and cut into 1 inch by 1 inch pieces.
4. Mince the garlic. (Refer to my instructions and video posted on Nov 22)
5. Add the noodles to the boiling water and turn heat to medium. Rice noodles generally take 8 minutes to cook.
6. Turn the pan or wok on medium to high heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
7. Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic, peppers, onions and shrimp and cook for about 5-8 minutes.
8. Strain the noodles and add to the pan or wok.
9. Add the hoisin sauce and stir to incorporate the vegetables and sauce.
10. Let cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
11. Add the crushed peanuts to the pan or wok and serve!
** If chicken is being used instead of shrimp be sure to cook it thoroughly until there is no pink in the centre of the chicken.
Chopsticks are a great way to eat pad thai! If you are not a fan of chopsticks a fork will work as well :)
Tried this recipe and liked it? Tell me! Post a comment :)