So I have decided to make a lifestyle change in regards to my diet. I have been consuming foods that are much lower in carbs than I use to and 4 weeks into my new lifestyle change I feel better than ever. The most exciting part is that I get to experiment will different cooking products that I have never used before. Here is an AMAZING recipe for low carb muffins. They are made with almond meal which is just ground up almonds. These muffins are much more moist than regular flour muffins and taste better!
Almond Meal Muffins
2 cups almond flour (found at your local health food store)
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup water
Sweetener to taste - I use about 1/3 cup equivalent to sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup cranberries/ blueberries (optional but tastes oh so great)
12 muffin baking cups
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place one baking cup into each muffin tin.
3. Mix the almond meal, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
4. Add in the eggs, butter, sweetener, water and vanilla extract. Mix well.
5. Add in the cranberries or blueberries. Mix well.
6. Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 full.7. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
P.S. EVERYONE in your house will love these. Even if they are not eating low carb :)